Storm Nexus

Information and News
Chatbox
Current News
IC Date: Month 11 2267 to Month 6 2268
(Turns 7-8 of the 10th Pass)
Please do not go beyond these dates; going back and doing threads in the past is fine, going into the future is not.
Threadfall: Ongoing; intermittent and unlikely to freeze as the weather warms
Following a spectacular flight, Queen Minervath was caught by King Sulith and is now heavy with eggs. A new clutch is on the way, but will it be anything like her last or will this time bring joy and not sorrow?

Meanwhile, the Weyr continues to recover from the disastrous fallout of the first Threadfall of the Turn. Thread was successfully fought, but there were many injuries that brought the fighting strength of the Weyr down. A meeting has been called amongst the Weyr's leadership, Weyrlingmasters and Wingleaders to determine where the weaknesses lie.

In happier news, Senior Queen Kansk and Soldier-King Candesk have laid clutches, and as the eggs have hardened it has become clear that a joint hatching is to be expected.

Play | Pause
The Drunken Dragon
Storm Nexus is a multi-platform site - we don’t just have the board, we have The Drunken Dragon. It’s our main social hub - for hanging out, plotting, chat RP, all kinds of things. Come say hi to us!
Our Staff

Prissy
Head Admin

Tirya
Resident Codebeast

Femisis
General
Admin

KnifeSmile
Founder and Loremaster
The Peacekeepers Age
The Peacekeepers Age
Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Pern is the creation of Anne McCaffrey, may she rest peacefully beyond between. | Skin based on a Jcink default, customized by Tirya.

Add Reply
New Poll

House Arrest, open to Skullstones ppl who know her
Dove
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 03:32 PM

Group: Members

Enam had locked herself up in her room after the bonding, she knew she reacted badly and she knew even before her father had told her she wasn't to leave their home, that he would tell her that, and so the young girl made it a point to hardly ever leave her room, except at mealtimes, where despite the chatter all around her, she stayed silent, still, almost like a statue that ate.

And soon as she finished her quick meal, she went right back to her room, mostly reflecting on her behaviour or reading, or truth be told, crying...

She barely spoke in the days and weeks that followed, even to Namige or her father, she didn't feel that she deserved to. They'd reacted right, and she hadn't and she hated herself for it...

That day, Em was back in her room after lunch, and she sighed, curling up on her bed with Tru, her Barghest, cuddling him close, whimpering just a little bit, into his fur, as someone knocked on her door. Em almost wanted to just stay right where she was, on the bed, with her animals and creatures, she wasn't sure she wanted to speak to anyone, if that was what they wanted...

But she knew that wouldn't be right to do either...

It wasn't polite.

And she wouldn't do wrong again. She couldn't.

So Enam got up from the bed and went to her door, opening it without asking who it was, because she just didn't want to talk.

If she didn't have to...

--------------------
PM
^
Camiron
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 03:19 PM

Camiron did not often feel the need to do the stern father role with his children, he was a gentle man and he'd rather be a gentle father but there were times when stern was called for. Enam's recent behavior was unbecoming a proper lady and it was making him tempted to arrange a marriage for her or else get her sent off. She needed to come back to normal, withdrawn was not a state he liked seeing his children in especially not children he knew were better than this.

"Enam, we need to talk about your recent behavior." He said as he looked at her, "You have been acting like someone died, not that you failed to bond to a Worg, there will be other chances. You will get to stand again if you improve your behavior." He took a step in and sat down on the end of her bed carefully. "But right now your behavior is showing that you don't want to be alive and frankly if you feel that badly, I don't want you to go but I will send you to the Healer Hall. I'll let them deal with your behavior." He said to her as he watched his daughter weighting his optoins carefully and how his wife would respond and what Gena would really have wanted for Enam.

"Your mother would be so disappointed in you, I can't even begin to tell you how upset your recent behavior would make her." He said as he looked at his daughter his eyes concerned but clearly not wanting to brook any of this shit. "Your acting like I or your siblings died." He said again as he looked at her and tried to keep his temper in check he had to make it clear she was not allowed to behave like this. "Or if the healer hall says that they can't help given your talent I'll send you to the Mage Craft Hall so they can help your talent, if all else fails I'll ask the Mieyoji Clan if they'd be willing to take a Skullstones Mining Wher Egg in exchange for stripping your talent so it's ill affects can not harm you any longer." Camiron had reached the end of his rope and he was showing it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dove
 Posted: May 5 2018, 02:34 AM

Enam had opened the door, despite wishing she could have just left it be. And the one person she wished it wasn't, was the one standing there. Her father walked into her room, and spoke, telling her that they needed to talk about her recent behaviour, that she'd been acting like someone had died, not that she hadn't bonded, that there would be other chances, IF she improved her behaviour...

Em closed her door again, and moved back to her bed, not wanting anyone else to come in here, she wasn't even sure that she wanted Namige or anyone else in there with her at this point. She just wanted to be alone, to try to fix herself. "I... I'm sorry..." she whispered to him, as she curled back up on her bed with Tru. "It just... It feels very bad... Very, very bad..." she whispered some more, her voice sounding almost like it was broken.

"Y... You... You'd s... send m... me... a... away?" Enam whispered to him, when she finally was able to get her words to come from her mouth, her hands trembling in fear, her breathing becoming laboured. She was scared, and she wanted to fix herself more than anything, but she didn't know how to...

She was more than scared, she was terrified...

But when her father told her that her mother would be disappointed in her, that she would be upset with how Enam was behaving, Em felt sick to her stomach... "I don't like this either... I've been trying to figure it out... But I can't stop it... I... I'm sorry and... and I'm scared... I... I really am..." she whispered, when she finally was able to force out her words.

"M... Mage Hall? S... Str... Stripping my...." Em buried her face into Tru's fur, trembling, much too scared and upset right now to try to speak any more. "D... D... do... don't y... you... l... lo... love m... me... a... an... anym.. anymore?" she whispered, terrified that nobody loved her anymore, because the one person she loved more than life itself who could help her, was wanting to send her away...

@Camiron

--------------------
PM
^
Camiron
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 02:37 PM

Camiron stayed calm as he looked at his daughter, he was determined to teach her and it was clear letting her do her own thing was not going to work. He'd have to lay down the law and get her to behave or else he'd be in even more trouble than he already was. Camiron hated having to take the harder tone and edge with his children but clearly that was the case here.

"Impression is not something you can force nor will it ever stop being a thing, just because you failed to this time." He told her softly as he sat close by trying to be calm and fatherly when really he felt nothing but disappointment in Enam's recent behavior.

Camiron grit his teeth as he looked at her and bit his tongue to regain his own composure all very quickly, "I would send you to a hall to be trained." He said simply as he looked at her anger growing as he fought to stay calm.

"You need to go to the Healer Hall for your mental healing. Then the Mage Hall to learn your talent." He was being blunt as he spoke to her because he didn't want to sugar coat it any longer maybe the sugar coating was what had undone his daughter in the first place?

At her question he was on his feet swiftly and a look of pain mixed with remorse crossed his features. "Enam I love you enought hat I want to see you helped. If you ever suggst that I don't love you again I'll bend you over my knee." He told her as he looked at her he'd never done it to any of his other children unless they damned well deserved it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dove
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 09:48 PM

Enam couldn't look up at her father. She felt the look on his face though, and found herself moving her face to look up at him anyway. "I... I..." she whispered, sighing and biting down nervously on her bottom lip.

He moved closer to her, and she sighed as he did so. She trembled as he told her that impression wasn't something that could be forced, but that it wouldn't ever stop being a thing just because she'd failed this time. Soft and silent tears fell from the corners of her eyes as she sat there with him.

She had failed, and she felt like a failure in everything. She knew that she'd disappointed him, and her family, and even more, she'd disappointed herself...

He wanted to send her away, to be trained, he said, but even the idea of that scared her. She didn't want to go away from her family, she didn't want to leave the Hold... She didn't say anything more of it though, she could sense her father's anger, and that upset her even more than she already was.

"Wh... what w...will they... d... do th... there?" Enam whispered to him, her voice trembling more than it had before, her hands and legs trembling even worse, as she asked him if he loved her anymore...

He stood up and spoke to her, she bit down on her lower lip, hard, biting into her lip, and a small bead of blood followed the removal of her teeth from her lip. "I..." she whimpered, tears falling harder now, though still silently...

@Camiron

--------------------
PM
^
Camiron
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 03:07 PM

Camiron was quickly losing his composure with his child and that was a rare thing and it made him even angrier at himself. As he stood looking at his daughter he felt Cloud enter his mind and send calming waves even if he was more confused than his bonded partner, the pup was irrational and irrational pups were sent away from the pack. For the pack's survival so she needed to be sent away to learn and become sensible.

"They would train your talent or deem it dangerous, one or the other." He told her as he looked at her and he gently touched her shoulder. "But with the blood coming from your lip I think that's enough talking today. You need to rest and I need to go deal with the rest of the Hold." Camiron didn't leave like this often but he was beyond understanding his daughter and that infruiated him even more. He left the room and went to his office.

[Exit Camiron]

((OOC: Thread is pretty well done cause Camiron's not gonna talk any further with Enam for a while. He needs to sort out how to handle her better))

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dove
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 04:36 PM

Enam had been biting her lip, and it wasn't until her father started to speak to her, and telling her what they would do with her, and that her lip was bleeding, that she had even realized what she'd been doing.

Her father touched her shoulder, and normally Em would have leaned into him, but there was something about this touch of his hand on her shoulder that made her want to move away, but she couldn't force herself to move at all. Did he think that she was dangerous?

Did SHE think that she was dangerous?

When her father left her room, Enam curled back up on her bed again, with Tru, and cried into him.

@Camiron

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll