Storm Nexus

Information and News
Chatbox
Current News
IC Date: Month 11 2267 to Month 6 2268
(Turns 7-8 of the 10th Pass)
Please do not go beyond these dates; going back and doing threads in the past is fine, going into the future is not.
Threadfall: Ongoing; intermittent and unlikely to freeze as the weather warms
Following a spectacular flight, Queen Minervath was caught by King Sulith and is now heavy with eggs. A new clutch is on the way, but will it be anything like her last or will this time bring joy and not sorrow?

Meanwhile, the Weyr continues to recover from the disastrous fallout of the first Threadfall of the Turn. Thread was successfully fought, but there were many injuries that brought the fighting strength of the Weyr down. A meeting has been called amongst the Weyr's leadership, Weyrlingmasters and Wingleaders to determine where the weaknesses lie.

In happier news, Senior Queen Kansk and Soldier-King Candesk have laid clutches, and as the eggs have hardened it has become clear that a joint hatching is to be expected.

Play | Pause
The Drunken Dragon
Storm Nexus is a multi-platform site - we don’t just have the board, we have The Drunken Dragon. It’s our main social hub - for hanging out, plotting, chat RP, all kinds of things. Come say hi to us!
Our Staff

Prissy
Head Admin

Tirya
Resident Codebeast

Femisis
General
Admin

KnifeSmile
Founder and Loremaster
The Peacekeepers Age
The Peacekeepers Age
Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Pern is the creation of Anne McCaffrey, may she rest peacefully beyond between. | Skin based on a Jcink default, customized by Tirya.

Add Reply
New Poll

Into the Unknown, Karazesk's clutching
Femisis
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 10:26 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Admin

Although the hour was late, Karaze found sleep eluding him as it usually did. It had been a long time since he’d been able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time, though he knew exactly what was keeping him awake. He’d been separated from his Whers for weeks now and had no idea how they were doing. He could feel them, yes, but that was different than being able to sleep curled up against a warm hide. Not only that, but every time he closed his eyes he couldn’t help but re-live the trauma of what happened to Karazesk.

He whimpered and pulled his knees to his chest, curling in as tight a ball as he could under the thin blanket he lay beneath. Maybe if he wasn’t so sharding weak they wouldn’t be in this mess. He wouldn’t be trapped in this tiny room with only a cot, Karask and Karsk wouldn’t be chained up, and Karazesk wouldn’t be in pain. Wait, pain?

Karaze’s eyes widened as he gingerly felt his abdomen. Upon finding no injury, he jumped up and began to hammer on the door to his room while shouting, “Let me out, Karazesk is clutching!” He was absolutely frantic, concerned only for his Wher’s well-being and not for his own. Who knew what they would do to her once she’d finished clutching. IF she finished clutching. The memory of that day made him shiver in terror, but he refused to stop. He was done hiding.

I am fine. Karazesk grunted. She tried to mask the pain from Hers as best she could, but it wasn’t going well. Not only was she a first time mother, but the eggs were, well, huge. Odds were there might be one she couldn’t lay on her own. Don't hurt yourself.

I’ll do whatever I have to! He cried in reply, shifting his weight to shove at the door. I won’t let them hurt you anymore!

--------------------
PM
^
Lyrenor
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 10:30 PM

Group: Members

Lyrenor heard the screams of the wher's bonded and he made his way to the cell and leaned against the wall. "You should relax your distress may cause her more pain, if you kill her then what will you do?" Lyrenor asked as he made sure his voice was heard. "We're sending a wher healer to her side to help her if she gets egg bound but I need you to tell her not to attack the healer or the healer will leave. He is only helping her because M'rat told him too, so I suggest you help us to help her." Lyrenor said his voice utterly calm and controlled.

The wher healer walked into the area and sighed, "Easy girl, I'll help you but I need you to trust me, I'm here to help you if you get egg bound." The healer said as he stayed back to keep near enough to the wher to help but far enough away that she wouldn't attack him on sight.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Femisis
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 12:52 AM

Advanced Member

"Why are you doing this to us?!" Karaze cried as he slammed his fist weakly against the door one last time before sliding to the floor. "What did we ever do to you?!" Nothing, his mind supplied him, but people were cruel and didn't think of the pain and suffering of others. They were self-centered, not like whers... He liked whers better... "No!" He muttered, burying his face in his knees in an attempt to hide the hot tears that streamed down his cheeks. He wanted to help, but what could he do? He couldn't even get out of here!

"I'll tell her..." He finally bit out miserably. Karazesk, don't... don't hurt the healer, okay? I don't like him, but I like you and I don't want you to get hurt... Please... He hated how desperate he sounded, but they were in a hopelessly desperate situation. No one knew where they were, no one was coming for them, what were they to do?

Karazesk growled one last time, then went quiet save for a pitiful whine as she felt her handler's sorrow. We will get out! She snarled. An egg was coming, she could feel it. She made no move to harm the wher healer for, as loathe as she was to admit it, this human was her only chance right now.

--------------------
PM
^
Lyrenor
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 12:59 AM

Lyrenor heard his cries and he felt his heart clench, "Because the Boss ordered it." He said his voice calm and cold. He had to keep his compassion hidden he couldn't let this man know that he felt his plight. "Nothing and that is what makes this so much worse." Lyrenor answered truthfully.

"Thank you I'd rather not lose a friend." Ly may not say it often but that healer was his friend and that healer was probably the only reason he hadn't gone mad turns ago when he'd first joined up with M'rat's band.

The healer approached as he gently laid a hand on the wher and helped her body adapt to the size of the eggs she was laying. He also eased her pain and smiled at her, "It's ok I won't hurt you." He said softly as he used his true talent not the skills he'd picked up to touch her mind. There are people who might help you. He told her gently as he hoped she felt that he was a HAW and he was serious in helping her.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Femisis
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 01:19 AM

Advanced Member

"Then let us go, please..." Karaze whimpered, head falling against the door. He was exhausted, both physically and emotionally, which wasn't helping his mental state any. He couldn't think properly when he was this tired and his whers were gone and everything was going insane. "I'd rather not lose my wher," he replied, his attempt at sounding cold failing miserably. Cruelty wasn't in his nature, not even in such extreme circumstances. Maybe, just maybe... he could get this man to let him go? Eggs be damned, he'd take his whers and run, never stop running as long as he lived.

Is a long time... Karsk pointed out, his voice almost a whisper in his handler's mine. Long time.

It was a long time, but maybe then they'd be safe...

Karazesk froze when she was spoken to, her body coiled defensively. Could she trust this person? Well, even if she couldn't, they were very short on options. Who can help? She asked, groaning as the first egg came. Grunting and pushing, she managed to get it out on her own, though it was large for a wher egg, clearly showing its parentage. Help Karazesk's. She panted, sagging on her legs already. It was going to be a long clutching...

--------------------
PM
^
Lyrenor
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 01:28 AM

"Can't do that kiddo." He told him as he sighed heavily and felt himself sag he could see himself in this kid's plight. "Don't worry she's in excellent hands." He decided to soften a bit and he looked at Albanus who was perched on his shirt. He sent Albanus in to see the prisoner the white flitter appeared near the Karaze and chittered at him. He tried to nuzzle his cheek if he'd let him so that he could give him some comfort.

"If you let Albanus be with you I'm sure that I can convince M'rat your not a danger to us or our bond-nets and he'll let you visit your non queen whers." Lyrenor told him softly as he realized he really wanted to help him out, he wanted to see this man get free even if he was trapped here...better here than with the dragonriders.

He sighed to her, There's a band I know of they'll probably help. I'll try to send word to them. He said as he tried to help her relax and ease the clutching. Your bonded is being guarded by Lyrenor, he's not... all bad. Not like M'rat and Mawith He said as he looked at her with a smile, I'm sorry this happened to you.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Femisis
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 02:00 AM

Advanced Member

Karaze felt the nuzzle and leaned into it, not caring where it came from. He needed the comfort, needed a physical body next to him; after being with his whers for so long he'd come to need physical contact like people needed food. He lifted a hand to scritch the lizard's eyeridge, not wanting to seem ungrateful for the contact. "Thank you," He murmured, hoping the other man could hear him through the door. He wiped his eyes on his sleeve, but it was useless at this point. He was suffering too much for it to be of any use. "I just want to see them."

You should be. The Queen snarled, half out of anger and half out of pain as another egg came. It was another hard labor, but one she could pass herself. She'd been lucky so far, but by the way her sides were still bulging it was clear she wasn't out of the woods yet.

I will bite and drink blood if Karazesk's is hurt. She said after a bit, sides heaving from the effort of her laying. But I will not bite if help comes. She added. She wanted to comfort hers and give him hope, but if he knew then others might be able to find out as well. For now, she would keep this information to herself.

--------------------
PM
^
Lyrenor
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 02:12 AM

Lyrenor smiled to himself, "I'll send the request to M'rat." He told him as he sent Aemilia off to find M'rat with a simple note. 'He won't run, he wants to see his whers. I guarantee he'll stay.'

Albanus nuzzled him and chittered softly as he looked at him, he reached up and gave a soft croon as he gently touched his cheek with his hand. He was worried and sending images of being with his own bond-net, safe and warm and happy, he was trying to convey to him that he understood why he was upset.

Lyrenor didn't have to wait long befor he got a reply from his leader giving him permission. "All right kid, you try to run and I will be forced to end you. Please don't do that to me." He murmured softly as he opened the door slowly to let him out, "We'll go see your other two whers."

Trust me great Queen I am. He said softly knowing full well that this queen was going to need him if things got worse but so far so good. She was doing well, even if he thought this was not how a queen wher should be at her first clutching.

He nodded to her, I would expect no less. He told her softly as he realized he was starting to like this prickly queen and he'd help her even if it meant his life.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Femisis
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 02:30 AM

Advanced Member

Unable to fight the images, Karaze found the flitter's emotions enveloping him with little effort. It couldn't override the overwhelming sorrow he felt, but it did cheer him a little to be reminded that there was good and happy amongst the bad. If he was lucky he would be with his beloved whers soon and they could all go far away from this wretched place. "You're very kind," he murmured to Albanus, offering the creature more scritches for his trouble.

"I-I won't, I swear!" He shouted, jumping up just as the door opened. Oh Faranth, to see Karsk and Karask again! "May I see Karazesk too?" He couldn't help but ask. He may have been pushing his luck, but he couldn't help it. They were all his whers and he loved them dearly.

Make them come quickly. Karazesk ordered, putting all the force behind the command as a Queen wher could. Suddenly she was wracked with pain; the next egg was too big. Too big! She cried, moaning in pain as she struggled to push the too large shell from her body.

--------------------
PM
^
Lyrenor
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 02:36 AM

Albanus chirped at him and nuzzled him as he happily accepted the scritches, Albanus was sweet little flit and he knew it! He chittered happily his eyes whirling as he continued to share with him.

"No I'm sorry but he only permits the non queen whers, shall we?" He asked as he waved his hand down the hall to the place where the whers were being kept. "Albanus is the smallest of my flits he seems to have taken a liking to you." He told him with a grin as he looked at Karaze.

The healer quickly reached out to a wher he knew was traveling with the Iron Flowers, Zarask. The wher would tell his bonded who'd tell Masa and the others, he just hoped they'd get here in time to help these poor whers out.

"Easy girl relax." He instantly got to work helping her body to naturally pass the egg by making the passage stretch just a bit more. "Just let it come out." He added softly as he eased her pain by slightly numbing the nerves in that area, he loved his skills but he hated why he was using them. I sent work but it may take them time. he wished there was more he could do for her.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Femisis
 Posted: Oct 24 2016, 12:50 PM

Advanced Member

The sight of the open door made every fiber of Karaze's being scream for him to run, but he knew it was no use. They'd catch him before he got anywhere and then he'd be right back where he started. At least this way he'd be able to see Karsk and Karask for a bit.

"He's sweet," Karaze said, but he was unable to return the smile he'd been given. How could he when things were so bad? He grimaced as Karazesk experienced another birthing pain, but didn't cry out. It was bad enough these despicable raiders already thought him weak without him crying even more. He had to maintain at least a bit of decorum. "Just take me to them. Please." The teen added, not wanting to burn his bridges. This was a gift and he wasn't about to lose it by being a brat.

By the time the egg left her body, Karazesk was panting in exhaustion, slumped bonelessly on the ground. If there were many more like that, she wasn't sure if she'd make it. But she had to make it. She couldn't leave Hers in the care of those two boneheads. Hurry... The Queen groaned, sending her own plea to these helpers, whoever they were.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll