|Storm Nexus||Help Search Members Calendar Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Aug 6 2018, 12:01 AM
Joined: 26-September 16
For the past few weeks, the site staff have been discussing some changes to how the site works in order to give us some structure and supports to keep us running in tip top shape. Everything is listed below, but PLEASE ask if you have any questions! We're here to help! If you have any concerns, please let an admin know. We want to hear you out and make this transition as painless as possible.
1. In order to win a Queenflight, your character has to be a graduated Weyrling and the rider must be at least 18 Turns of age. The winner gets some IC responsibilities in Weyr leadership, thus the age limit. This does not affect non-Queen flights. Queen flights don't have to be a full thread, but it is much preferred. You do need to post an action-report type list at the very least.
2. The staff has proposed putting a limit on the number of adoptable dragons you may claim at any one time as stated below:
You can only have 3 pre-written adoptable dragon WIPs at any one time. There is no time limit on finishing them, but you must finish one before you can adopt another. If there is another dragon you’d prefer to adopt, you can drop one and pick up a new one, but cannot exceed the number. This does not count dragons from blank clutches. This is not retroactive; any WIP adoptables you have now you may keep, but you will have to get below the number in order to adopt more.
The logic is threefold:
1) It encourages people to be more picky with their adopts, so they’ll be more likely to be played
2) It will prevent adoptable hoarding and potentially shutting someone out from a dragon they have an idea for immediately
3) It will encourage people to finish their profiles
3. We'll be adding a monthly check-in to assist in keeping lists and the census up to date. Every month members will help keep the census updated by posting any new characters and/or pets obtained since the last check in. They’ll receive 15 marks for posting and won’t have any characters approved until the list is updated. We'll have one big push at the beginning to get things back in order, but you'll have a month or so to post.
4. Regarding time passage IC, we'll be switching to seasons rather than going with the turns as we have been. Each season will be two IC months long to start. After a trial period, if this seems to be too quick, we'll move it back to three months for every season.
5. We will making a hatching schedule for dragons, whers, and bonds. For Dragons, we'll rotate 2 or 3 Queens and Female kings each year with smaller Soldier, female knight and Female Officer clutches in between. We'll do our best to make sure everyone gets a chance to write a clutch each year.
6. In an effort to keep events such as hatchings and flights from dragging on, we will be implementing time limits for these events. If there are significant extenuating circumstances we can be a bit lenient, but for the most part these are hard limits. Flights will close after two weeks and a winner will be chosen whether the thread is finished or not. Queen/Female King hatchings will last three weeks, smaller hatchings two.
7. On more of a fun note, staff will periodically post gossip, event, or rumor prompt threads for anyone to post in. It's a good idea to jump in these to foster relationships between characters and some events may end up being important.
Argent of Hinmoroth | C'rihon of Benihimeth | E'ri of Immenoth |
Kaieru of Baeruth
Kamui of Minervath | Karaze of Karazesk, Karsk, Razesk, and Karask | Kinue of Aquoryth
Kaze of Trogath | Mika of Barbatosth | Nakura of Hatsamoth | Sahiko of Aithsirreth
Soran of Qan[T]th | S'rai of Ligeroth | Yurio of Polanith | Y'sei of Suzumureth
Fem's Marks and Inventory
Fem's Character Hub