Storm Nexus

Information and News
Chatbox
Current News
IC Date: Month 11 2267 to Month 6 2268
(Turns 7-8 of the 10th Pass)
Please do not go beyond these dates; going back and doing threads in the past is fine, going into the future is not.
Threadfall: Ongoing; intermittent and unlikely to freeze as the weather warms
Following a spectacular flight, Queen Minervath was caught by King Sulith and is now heavy with eggs. A new clutch is on the way, but will it be anything like her last or will this time bring joy and not sorrow?

Meanwhile, the Weyr continues to recover from the disastrous fallout of the first Threadfall of the Turn. Thread was successfully fought, but there were many injuries that brought the fighting strength of the Weyr down. A meeting has been called amongst the Weyr's leadership, Weyrlingmasters and Wingleaders to determine where the weaknesses lie.

In happier news, Senior Queen Kansk and Soldier-King Candesk have laid clutches, and as the eggs have hardened it has become clear that a joint hatching is to be expected.

Play | Pause
The Drunken Dragon
Storm Nexus is a multi-platform site - we don’t just have the board, we have The Drunken Dragon. It’s our main social hub - for hanging out, plotting, chat RP, all kinds of things. Come say hi to us!
Our Staff

Prissy
Head Admin

Tirya
Resident Codebeast

Femisis
General
Admin

KnifeSmile
Founder and Loremaster
The Peacekeepers Age
The Peacekeepers Age
Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Pern is the creation of Anne McCaffrey, may she rest peacefully beyond between. | Skin based on a Jcink default, customized by Tirya.

Add Reply
New Poll

Candidate Hihvveyin
Sari
 Posted: Jul 26 2018, 08:57 AM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

Hihvveyin

IMG
"I get the feeling you’re making fun of me, but that’s okay, if you can’t laugh at yourself you can’t laugh at anything!"

Name: Hihvveyin (Hivvy)
Race: Canine ferali (pit bull)
Birthdate: Month 2, Day 15, Turn 2245
Sexuality: Pansexual
Wing: N/A

Talent Information: Has control over and ability to produce ice, snow, and frost. If they focus, they can create small snowstorms within a ten meter radius, but without focus they are limited to effects closer to their body. When they lose control of their emotions, they also lose control of their talent. If in extreme distress, their talent may lash out, whipping snow around. If in mild distress, they may accidentally cause frost or ice to appear over a surface they are touching--just for an example. Immune to cold damage/physical effects of cold/snow.
Skill Information: Has learned to pattern shape into a human form. Human form retains pointed teeth, which jut out, but otherwise looks human. Around the same size, physically, with similar features.

Appearance:
-pit bull ferali
-Mess of short black hair
-Overbite
-Short, 5'0", and petite in frame
-Not very physically strong, but has a very strong talent
-Has a bit of a lisp
-Adorable
-Cold still gives them discomfort, so they wear winter clothes around the whole turn, and may just make the air around them colder during the summer, so that they are always prepared to use their talent

Personality:
-Energetic
-Sweet
-People assume they are very naive, and in a way, they are--they want to believe in the best in people, even if life has shown them otherwise.
-Optimistic, even in the face of things that would make others bitter.
-Can be impressionable because of this, choosing to trust that others are good and have the best intentions in mind, but still can be wary of those who could be dangerous. Doesn't show their wariness, usually, though.
-Acts very lighthearted and warm
-Friendly, charismatic, and a pleasure to have in class
-Believe people are good. Trusts easily, though if they have misgivings, they do trust their instincts, as well. Balance it pretty well, but on the too-trusting side. Willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, as well as a second chance. Not a third, though.
-Doesn't understand why some people have bad intentions, chooses to ignore that when forming their world view. Bad people are the exception, not the rule.
-Inner strength
-Confident, mostly, and self-assured. Able to assert themselves, but remains respectful and optimistic
-Firm, clear
-Understanding
-Believes that they deserve good things, as do all people.
-Doesn't take themselves very seriously. Okay with joking around, being silly. Doesn't mind much if people think they're corny. They are corny.
-Dork
-Someone's got to be bright and cheerful and remain positive/optimistic about people, so they make themselves be that person.
-Kind, gentle
-Says really silly, corny things.
-Has some self-conscious/anxiety moments, but mostly relatively secure in who they are.
-Merciful, forgiving
-Can lead, but works well as a second-in-command.
-Approachable
-Firm, fair, and just, but doesn't believe in punishing others for the sake of punishment. They will ensure that harmful mistakes aren't repeated, but they will work to prevent it, such as taking away opportunities or resources to do it again, rather than punish someone and hope for the best.

History:
-beastcrafter
-farm cothold. isolated early life, just family
-raised dogs, but left dogs behind to help family. guard dogs, herding dogs, etc.
-was emotionally abused. but they found their inner strength to be confident in themselves about deserving better, and about being able to take themselves less seriously, and left. had been quick to buy into what their so was saying, but soon learned never to let anyone do that again

Relationships:
Family:
-Heyine (father)
-Ihivev (mother)
Other:
-

Updates:

Preferences: [Link]
PB/Artist: Name (linked)

--------------------
PM
^
Sari
 Posted: Jul 26 2018, 09:03 AM

Advanced Member

NAME: Hihvveyin
POST-IMPRESSION NAME: H'ven, H'vin, or H'in, haven't decided yet
CANDIDACY: Dragon
CANDIDACY TRANSFER WILLINGNESS?: Potentially
BAG EGG IMPRESSION? Y/N: No

CASTE PREFERENCES
(Please rate each caste from 1 - 6, with 1 meaning 'please do not give me this' and 6 meaning 'this is my absolute first choice for this character'. You cannot use a given number more than once and you must use all six numbers.)
Queen: 1
King: 2
Officer: 3
Knight: 5
Soldier: 4
Scout: 6

REASONS FOR CASTE PREFERENCES: I prefer that they don't Impress a queen or king. Other than that, my prefs are pretty loose. Scout would be interesting with them, but I'm not married to the idea, and will be happy with whatever.

CROSS-IMPRESSION: Sure
MAULING: That's fine, but nothing severe
MUTATION: See my my mutation prefs, but I'm okay with most things!

DRAGONET/WHERLET IMAGE?: Yes, please!

DETAIL PREFERENCES, OOC: Paragraphs preferred, word lists fine too, both wins brownie points. I like detailed, but appearance is less important than personality.

DETAIL PREFERENCES, IC: I prefer nothing color-wise that looks too similar to any of my dragons (see my signature). If the color scheme has to be similar, just make sure the colorfade looks easily distinguishable.

NAMING PREFERENCES: N/A

ANYTHING ELSE IMPORTANT: N/A

FLEXIBILITY: Pretty flexible

--------------------
PM
^
Sari
 Posted: Jul 26 2018, 09:05 AM

Advanced Member

~TERTIARY BONDS and PETS~
Name:
Species:
Sex: (fertile/infertile) (male/female/intersex)
Caste/Rank:
Hex Code:
Talented/Skilled?
Appearance:
Personality:

3 male barghest, 1 female barghest, 1 female born alpha barghest, king wyvern

--------------------
PM
^
Sari
 Posted: Jul 26 2018, 09:05 AM

Advanced Member

~INVENTORY~
Ooc item, ooc item, ooc item/pet

Owned item: Description

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll